Re: [microsound] more performance questions

a lot of it, for me, comes down to portability.

i could do my live set with a sampler and a sequencer ( a software
sequencer).. but i could do the same thing with a single laptop.. i'd
much rather just bring the laptop..

    so far i have heard so much discussion over the use of laptops.
are they overall better devices for performance of electronic-like
music?  or do they just have their benefits and aspects?  i ask this
partly do to my own personal interest (perhaps ill get a laptop for
performance one of these years).  would anyone say laptops are more
intuitive instruments or would that strictly be an issue based on
software and programs?  basically i am wondering if a strong midi
controller perhaps with a sampler and external sequencer and fx
processor could perform to the caliber of a suitable laptop but
maybe it's all about the style you are going for. ?
--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
taylor deupree/12k

OUT NOW:
- with tetsu inoue "active/freeze" full length CD (12k) (july00)
- ".n" CD (ritornell/mille plateaux) (april/may 00)
- "polr" (rastermusic, spring 2000)
- "place" on Maschinelle Strategeme (ritornell/mille plateaux) (00)
- remixing kim cascone "bubblewarp", on "blue cubism" (digital narcis/japan)
- remixing Goem on "extensie" (goem remix CD)

OUT SOON:
- "continue" MP3/3"CD (fällt/ireland) (june00)
(http://fallt.com/invalidObject/index.html)
--Boundary_(ID_i9iOtFof5F6pd5BJbBR6lQ)