Re: [microsound] Powerbook & OS9 Qs

virginia maryland wrote:

> 1) has anyone tried Pro Tools 4 on any of the newer Powerbooks?

sorry, no idea, curious about this myself.

> Does it run
> OK? And do those PC-Card-style sound cards for the Powerbooks work with
> Protools? (I'm particularly interested in ProTools 4.3)

keep in mind ProTools, up to 4.3.2 will only allow you to record with the
Mac's built-in sound in or Digidesign hardware(nothing for powerbooks)  So
you'll have to use something else to capture the audio, then import it into
ProTools- a pain, but not that bad.  PT 5.0 won't run at all without
Digidesign hardwarre.
You should consider something like Spark instead, it should do everything you
need.
best,
pH

--Boundary_(ID_i9iOtFof5F6pd5BJbBR6lQ)