Re:networked performances

Joshua Musick wrote:

> is anyone out there experimenting with networked performances?
>
> I think it's especially relevant given the recent performances at the
> Anchorage; for all intents and purposes the artists didn't need to
> physically be there.

i'm not quite sure if any of the artists on the list are experimenting with
networked performance, audio or midi wise, but i do have a little info about
software that does this... jmax by the good old folks at ircam have some
networkable objects, and nato 0.55 for max/msp deals with quicktime video &
audio via 100 megabit ethernet...

one of the problems i could imagine with doing a networked performance (not
that i ever have) simply would be bandwidth in and out of the space. does the
anchorage have a t? another would be latency between the performance space and
the playback space (again, bandwidth relevant). i'm not quite sure if you were
refering to all the artists being in different places and collaberating on one
composition simutaniously (in crooklyn), or merely having "virtual-joe"'s live
performance from his studio (in milan) at the anchorage...

i'm missing a few e-mails so i apologize if all this has been covered
already...

rj

--Boundary_(ID_i9iOtFof5F6pd5BJbBR6lQ)