Re: [microsound] citadism?

i think this comp is actually pretty good. as for the kit clayton track, it's one of
my favorites on the comp. i will actual put the cd in the player and just play this
one track. the gramm track is quite engaging as well. i was really excited to see
what sun electric was up to, and was pleasantly surprised by their composition. quite
the departure for them.

>  the only problem is that "urban dub" (as, i believe, mr. betke
> himself (calls|used to call) it) is quite a difficult genre to emulate
> (as is drill n bass, hence my otherwise dodgy comparison), which might
> explain that the contributions were left to a relatively tame state ("i
> managed to get the sound, i won't screw it by adding this extra noise!").

i think dub (as far as the fore father's had done it, adrien sherwood, black uhru,
sly and robbie ect.) is tame in nature as a genre, and by not adding those extra
noises, i think they kept to the "style" of dub eloquently.

and as for the process, doing dub digitally, and making it sound like it good, with
degrating "tape style" delay, nice warm atmospheres, guitar like "chink chink"
sounds, is quite the achievement in and of it self.

just my 2 cents

rj