Re: [microsound] Fans

david turgeon wrote:

> joking apart, i've heard of that & i'm certainly not holding my breath
> until i hear of pc's doing the same thing.  a silent computer would be
> strange though, wouldn't it?  no more humming orchestrae in design
> offices...  (although we'll still hear the air conditioner...)

Being someone who's been owning a Powerbook for a couple of months now, I can safely
say that the fact that the fan never goes on (except when playing DVDs) is a *true*
blessing. During the last few years I've been getting increasingly annoyed with
fans, and I can't tell you how wonderful it is to not hear that constant huffing and
puffing. Strange? Maybe, but such a luvely, luvely strangeness!

Finally I can make music Bernhard Günter-style.  :)

(btw, this reminds me of french thinker Gaston Bachelard, who said that whenever
there was noise outside his apartment he still manged to transform it to for example
the sound of gentle waves rolling back and forth against the shore. Of course, he
possessed an incredible imagination, which definitely helps.)

/Øivind/