Re: [microsound] killer mac realtime app?!?

Phonk --

I believe the tools you've mentioned are the most used
for realtime synthesis and processing out of a powerbook:

MAX/MSP:
http://cycling74.com/

Reaktor:
http://www.native-instruments.com/

Don't get the two, start with just one, MAX/MSP is very
open but its learning curve is steep. Reaktor will give
you a lot out the box. Both have demo versions, I suggest
you try them.

You might also want to check out Csound:

http://www.csound.org
http://cSounds.com/

Csound is not easy to configure for realtime, but
depending on your new computer's speed you might be able
to do a couple of cool things. The Csound learning curve
is steeper than MAX/MSP, but it's free and worth it.

If you want to use Vst audio plug-ins and synths, Cubase
or Logic are excellent sequencers. Also, you might want
to check xVst and rVst, free at:

http://groovylab.com/apps/

There are large collections of Vst synths, and soft-
ware synths around the web... but I'll let you search for
them... =)

hope this is helpful,
good luck,

Eloy