Re: [microsound] killer mac realtime app?!?

p h o n k wrote:

> there are sure a lot of apps for mangling sound, like supercollider,
> soundhack, thonk, peak.... spark, even... but realtime?
> max/msp? reaktor? what else?

Supercollider can also be used for realtime DSP, as can software such as LiSA
(from Steim), which is a real-time sampling application. You can also process
sounds in realtime through VST plug-ins in programs such as Cubase VST.

I also think GRM Tools can be used for live processing, as can Hyperprism
(through the Hyperengine host app).

....and I have to mention the Kyma system (http://www.symbolicsound.com), but
it might be out of your price range ($3495). It's amazing for real-time stuff,
though, and incorporates almost every synthesis method known to man (well,
almost).

/Øivind/

--Boundary_(ID_1/Ft+HkUho5Vg70yutZbHw)