Re: [microsound] -oval and mainstream ears

>I don´t everything´s been done (if it had, why would I bother with my
music or,
>for that matter, this list?), but I think the idea of absolute Newness
might not
>apply anymore.

I agree with /Øivind/....

I think comes down to the uniqueness of the individual. We all have
a different perspective, way of listening, cultural baggage etc...and this in
turn will effect our output.  I think we are seeing melting pots of ideas and
sounds and new styles emerge from this. To some it will seem 'rehash', to
others a new coat of paint on an old shed....or a pinprick to old ways of
listening that open new doors...

This is truly the creative challange.
To project your individual style/vision into a sound palette that captivates
the listener.

p i m m o n