Re: [microsound] ovalprocess - a review

----- Original Message -----
From: William VanLoo <wdvanloo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: microsound <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <idm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 4:56 AM
Subject: [microsound] ovalprocess - a review

I joined this mail list few days and im very happy that the first topic i
find is about Oval.
Didnt knew them until few months ago and i think its curious the way i
discovered their work, ovalprocess.
I think my "process" was kind of inverted of that of William. It just
happened that i went to the music store with the desire of finding something
that would fit that description of William, so i used a very similar one and
even words. In the end was luckly presented with this.
I know its very little orthodox method, but when nobody around shares the
same interests its the way to do it.

Its the same to say that i perfectly agree with you, William. But i wish to
add another review aspects of the composition.
Along with the form and sound material i would like to refer the way they
architecture all.
Before all there is a great sense of unity through all album. In each music
i like
how they create a  background mass of sound that develops in closing and
opening never getting to dense,
keeping such a transparency hard to think in 'noise'. And there is no sense
of what is background and foreground
in here, this destruction of hierarchy is amazingly achieved. Whenever a
sound gets emancipated it never goes to far
and it serves to bring others up who compete all in protogonism with each
other. The main expression of this music, i thnk, is achieved
in the delicate and subtle balance and management of these aspects.
But this of course goes hand by hand with what you said in your post.

I hope this was a adequate introduction (intromission) of myself

eduardo henrique

--Boundary_(ID_PhzV1iGZWfjkYCsCKHmwuA)