Re: [microsound] visuals...

 > Could you expound on this? I've only seen one Godard film
("Breathless") and
 don't recall the soundtrack very well. I'm curious to hear more about this
 "putting audio perpendicular to film" sort of thing.

Have a look for yourself: his more recent films such as "Nouvelle Vague" are very concerned with sound, but you'll also find amazing soundtrack techniques in "Alphaville", "Weekend", and well, all his films. ("Breathless", his first film, has innovative use of audio, but not to the degree of later works.)

Hello Miau Miau,

What I remember vividly is 2 scenes in Goddard's "Une Femme Est Une Femme" I think with v.good use of sound. One is Anna Karenina singing to v.distorted tape that cuts out when she starts to sing, and the other Bellmondo having a chat with a disillusioned fisherman who spontaneously bursts into song with accompanying Canned instrumentation. Magic

err this isnt exactly microsound but maybe concrète..

Jim Y wood

jswood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--Boundary_(ID_PhzV1iGZWfjkYCsCKHmwuA)