Re: [microsound] interesting quote

>> >- The aesthetic and ideological debate on electroccoustic music is
>> >extremely diminished and
>> >insufficient today. Because of this, conferences dedicated to techniques
>> >and technological
>> >developments, as important as they are, fill the communication space and
>> >obscure the work of
>> >reflection on composition, on music, led by individual composers.
>> - Christian Clozier/Institute of Bourges

>> this can be modified to read:
>> *new music festivals*, as important as they are, fill the communication
>> space and obscure the work of reflection on composition, on music, led by
>> individual composers.

I read the original as hinging on the difference between talking about
"techniques and technological developments," or gear talk, over people
talking about the personal workings of creativity.

I think that an event can both respect the composer's creative ethic and
address the structural necessities of festival scheduling. It's curious,
however, that for "small music" such a large collection of artists is
assembled. :)

-eric