Re: [microsound] np: temporary contemporary

kim, havent read the article, but if "hot desking" is what i THINK you mean, and if im correct in analyzing his performance, as it was described to me, i think hes taken music and architecture (the interior of the "desk") to its end.
i believe hes managed to one-up me and taken "riding the faders" to its penultimate. where ive created a carrer of riding level on the desk, by either creating a live feedback loop with ambient mics in concert, or in production and post, creating loops by feeding a signal back into itself (sends and returns) to the dismay of engineers everywhere, feeling helpless with my fingers on the faders as i apparently prepare to fry their very expensive, digital desks. hes managed to reduce it by introducing no signal, other than the desks own noise floor (again, the architecture), yes?
hes superhuman!

                sony mao