De : patrick halbig [mailto:phalbig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : mercredi 13 septembre 2000 08:01
À : microsound
Objet : Re: [microsound] microvising

>we had a discussion with the curator of the Kunstlerhaus about laptop
>microsound being the "new jazz"...I was wondering if there were any
>opinions on this list about the concept of "microvising"?...

This is something I have been thinking about for a while....I am not sure if
this digital improvisational genre has reached the peaks of say the FMP
climax achieved with several of the Brotzmann-related projects.....but, I
would appreciate recommendations for consumption.  Sorry to inject
negativity, but I find some of O'Rourke's work a bit too obvious, for
example.  Black Sabbath samples, showtunes, etc.....irony is overplayed.