re: [microsound] microvising

first of all, it was originally coined by Rob Young of the Wire to refer to
both acoustic and electronic musicians. acoustic musicians such as Radu
Malfatti, Axel Dörner, nmperign, etc., also are an important part of this
concept.

i agree. as i used to play impovised music as a drummer the possebilities i
found by dsping my instrument were 'just' an extension of prepearing my kit
via hardware material. i think of the digital way as kind of treating
sounds in slow motion compared to playing the drums.
when i heard 'afternoon tea' by rowe, fennesz, pita, ambiarchi (>
ritornell) it reminded me a lot of what is known as the british improv
school (and i dont like speaking in lables so much...)
i mean- playing improvised music for me is mostly about speaking your own
language on an instrument. and i think of an computer as an instrument as
well. with max you are able to 'play' it.
-stephan

-> stephan mathieu
-> www.bitsteam.de