digital silence

"....."empty" forms only reveals the nature of the construction."
Thanks for a great title..

The word silence pretty much means something you cant hear, so if you can
hear it, its no longer silence, it will have turned into something new. like
in this case "digital" silence. And as an artist working with the theme of
silence, thats pretty much something you have to realize.. youre working
with prejudices of silence. This is possible because there is no commonly
acknowledged ABSOLUT silence. Its not sold printed on tshirts or exhibited
on expo 2000 with neonlights sticking out its ass. So the playground is this
vast space in our minds we agree upon being "nothing".
/I recommend the work of imedia concerning this/

About the stuff on: http://members01.chello.se/dwane
That interpretation of digital silence may give a scientifical vibe, but is
really a  psychological view on 1: the prejudice of what a drama is -can an
abstract drama be as interesting as one with people in it? and 2: a
prejudice of a single theme within each animation, like silence,
relationships etc.

"If the goal of studying nothingness is the increased
"awareness of more fundamental structures it is important not to confuse
"metaphors with reality."

If youre a scientist.. yes, If youre an artist.. No.

Tommy Dwane Filipowicz

Aren't we just seeing the structure of the file here, rather than the
material structure of reality? This is certinly the subtext of these
experiments isn't it? If the goal of studying nothingness is the increased
awareness of more fundamental structures it is important not to confuse
metaphors with reality. Computer systems are constructs and as such studying
their "empty" forms only reveals the nature of the construction.

-km

If you create an empty soundfile it still contains the information of being
a "sound file" so I dont really think there is such a thing, even if Im sure
theres a lot of ways of creating something a lot of people can agree upon
beeing digital silence. The digital world have a lot incommon with our
physical one.

To achieve something like this, I recorded a few seconds of nothing in Peak,
amplified it a hundred or maybe more times, also turned that audio into
pictures, put them together to achive a realtime like animation.

Its on
http://members01.chello.se/dwane
and is called "digital silence"

Tommy Dwane Filipowicz