Re: Slow House (was: Where in the world?)

I'm not sure that any of this stuff has made it to CD yet, its something I
have only really heard at clubs, or on YFM, a local radio station that
sometimes broadcasts sets by guest DJs. The pitch drop is fairly pronounced,
probably only achievable with CD decks or software, i'm pretty sure the
standard -8 on SL1200s is not far down enough.
I'm hoping to rope a DJ friend into doing a mixtape for me in the next few
weeks, which I could convert to MP3 & upload somewhere if you (and others)
are interested. Meanwhile, if you're impatient, you could load a house track
into your PC & drop the pitch by about 30% to approximate the effect. Best
heard over a large PA.
_Terry