Re: [microsound] OT - Firewire CD-RW

on 10/29/00 1:54 PM, microsound-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxx at
microsound-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Joshua Maremont wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the intrusion, but knowing that a fair number here work on new
>> G3s or G4s, I wonder whether anyone has yet acquired a firewire CD
>> burner.  Now that the hardware and software seem ready to play I am eager
>> to get one, and I would be happy to know of any recommendations for or
>> against particular models.  Do reply to me privately (that is, do NOT hit
>> reply but rather paste my address into a new message), unless you feel
>> others will be interested.  Thanks.
>
> I'm also interested and would also like to know if anyone has any experience
> doing
> audio stuff with FireWire hard drives and if they've encountered any problems.

Well I will post since two ask.
Yes I have both a firewire 8x CD-RW and a 20G HD. Both purchased from
ClubMac. They both work fine. Only thing to be aware of is the firewire disk
cannot be a boot disk, so you can't use it as an emergency boot disk, or as
a disk to boot from to disk optimize your main drive. I made a Zip system
disk for doing that.

--- james mccartney   james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   <http://www.audiosynth.com>
SuperCollider - a real time synthesis programming language for the PowerMac.
<ftp://www.audiosynth.com/pub/updates/SC2.2.10.sea.hqx>

--Boundary_(ID_sKDgwuuHC422Mi1X2bCJLw)