Re: [microsound] the smooth and the cooked

You mean that, BMM-BMM-BMM doesn't promote intelligence? No wonder I've
been avoiding periodic rhythms as of late. ;-)

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000 19:28:19 -0500 Your Name <kjtsyren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> >"the smooth always posseses a greater power of deterritorialization
> than
> >the striated."
> >   - Deleuze & Guattari

> deleuze and guattari were two french physicians.
> they found that the heavy rhythms present in rock
> music stimulate the pineal gland, promoting
> anti-intellectualism and hooliganism.
>
> thus, they encouraged everyone to listen to
> 'smooth' music, which has been scientifically
> proven to increase intelligence.
>
> lately it means that we should disapprove ov tekno.
> or, it gives an excuse to do so.

New CDR release by DASL - Zen Tread now available
http://overheard.homestead.com/zenT.html
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.