Re: [microsound] pertinent Firewire questions

> Is there an sound app that will write audio to a Firewire disc?
> (..ProTools won't..) Or is it only good for achiving files?
> (therefore not much good for audio)

i just received a vst pocketdrive which acts like a pretty normal volume.
i bought it as a portable audio drive and so far (24hrs) used it with
protools (5free), max, sndhack and argeïphontes lyre. tiny, fast machine
i'd say.

> Similarly, what apps do you use for a Firewire CD burner... I use Toast
> and Jam for my SCSI burner... neither of these supports Firewire.

same for the comline portable fw writer. no problems with toast (del4.1),
havent tried jam yet.
 - stephan

-> stephan mathieu
-> www.bitsteam.de