Re: [microsound] B.S. (britney spears)

> This kind of rhetoric shows up whenever someone who´s causing controversy
> don´t have a proper argument to justify what they´re doing ("we caused
> controversy, ergo we must be doing something right"), and I find it very
> dubious...simply because it implies people like Pat Buchanan or the
> Norwegian Carl I. Hagen (right-ish politican) or Jürg Haider is doing
> something "right".

well, they're obviously not doing anything "left"!!!

sorry, had to do it.

> It seems more valuable to connect with hermeneutics and say that Britney
> Spears or Haider reveals and sets into play certain value systems and
> value judgments and puts a finger on certain biases and prejudices etc.
> Maybe.

all this political talk, again!  :(  i think we should all make a
britney spears tribute compilation.  i am sure mr. szepanski would love
to release that on ritornell.  the concept relates to microsound in ways
i have never thought possible.  i am so awed with the inherent
rhizomatic connection between these two topics, i have even forgotten
the meaning of "sarcasm".

~ david

ps: controversy is a marketing practice.