microsounds - MAX question

hi all...

I'm a new user on this list. I discovered Micro sounds not so long ago at Mutek when komet played live, it just shocked me, amazed me and love struck for the style. You know what i mean?
Since i used to produce house and hard techno, it was a change and my evolution has started there. I had a talk with Josh Kit Clayton about MAX, it was the first time i heard about that software (how retard am i ;)) and now i see it could be available for PC... can anyone guide thru basics (ei. downloads)?

Thanks in advance,

JP