Re: [microsound] microsounds - MAX question

> >From: "Jean-Patrice Remillard" <jeanpatrice@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> > I had a talk with Josh Kit Clayton about MAX,
> > it was the first time i heard about that software (how retard am i ;)) and
> > now i see it could be available for PC... can anyone guide thru basics (ei.
> > downloads)?

If your life has largely been situated in the Windows world, and particularly
if you come to this from somewhere outside an academic environment, you
may have no cause for making excuses.

The word is not "could," but *will* - just as soon as we can get the
Windows port finished and tested and up to scratch [no small undertaking,
given that there are MAJOR upgrades of Max and MSP for the Macintosh
also in progress right now, and some other stuff that's a secret, too. Tell
you what - I *promise* that I'll actually mention the availability of a
Windows port of Max (it'll be first, to be followed by MSP) as soon as
it's ready.

In the meanwhile, you *could* work your way through the tutorials for
Max and MSP. I suppose one could just do it by reading, but that seems
like reading up on hang-gliding. If that's of interest, you can download a
copy of the Max documentation in PDF format at:

http://www.synthesisters.com/downloads/MaxGettingStarted.pdf
http://www.synthesisters.com/downloads/MaxReference.pdf

And you can download the MSP documents in PDF format at:
ftp://ftp.synthesisters.com/pub/MSPman.pdf

Hope this helps - now, back to work!
gregory
Cycling '74
_
knowledge is not enough/science is not enough/
love is dreaming/this equation/Gregory Taylor/
WORT-FM 89.9/Madison, WI/ http://www.rtqe.net/