From: Kerry Uchida [mailto:kerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2000 12:46 PM
To: microsound
Subject: Re: [microsound] ahhh, he want's CREDIT!!!

A Listener wrote:

> BTW: this isn't about fennesz or a particular person at all. . . Its more
> about credit, and on some level honesty. . .

It's about ego!!!!!

I actually admire the CD's that have NO CREDITS.

It's not hyped by the engineer, the producer, the
studio, the technology, nothing...it is about just the music.

I've been working as an engineer, sound designer, DJ,
producer (at least in my own ego head), electro-musican
for 10 years and:

YES! I HAVE FELT VERY UNCREDITED IN MANY PROJECTS.
I've always considered myself WAY more important to any
of the projects I've been involved in than I've been credited
for.  I've let my ego get the best of me.  It's made me jaded,
mad, resentful.   I learned to cut down, rip apart and try to
destroy other people's work and ego to try to inflate my own.
This my friend is not a good practice.  In our Ego driven world
you will never receive the credit from someone else that you
feel you deserve.  Only you will do that for yourself.

Get past the ego.   Enjoy the process of interacting with other artists,
technology, projects, producers, engineers, and E-mail listees.
Be in the moment and enjoy it!  It is wonderful when you do.
Being jaded and trying to better yourself so that you are better than
someone else will keep you jaded for the rest of your life.  Not an
enjoyable headspace to be in.

The greatest thing to do is have respect for everything.

I feel that the MEGO crew have done an fabulous job.
I don't feel all of the releases are fabulous and wonderful,
but I still look forward to them.  Their work has been very
inspirational.   They are an all encompassing art group
that has found a great balance in the business world!

Respect to all Micro-composers of all forms out there!

Kerry Uchida
DJ Aural
Technomorph
http://www.technomorph.com