Re: [microsound] ahhh, he want's CREDIT!!!

i produced a piece of music (with michael shrieve, james rotondi, dave hill
jr and allan howarth.. see i'm listing credit here!) for a 48-speaker
sound-environment. (each track on a dif speaker, you can only hear 4 or 5
speakers at a time because of how the room was arranged.)

now, this was for Experience Music Project here in seattle and i didn't
receive any credit for it, nor did anyone else working on the project. this
is because in this case the "artist" was EMP and that's who gets full credit
for the work.

i was thinking a lot about this, and in some ways.. i think it's OK that
they did that because it fits in with the "artistic" intent of EMP, which
was to create an environment of sounds (and not to document their creation).

so the question is, when you buy a CD or other piece of music, do you agree
with the artist's intent if that means they are taking full credit for that
release?

in some ways i think it's a good thing because it reinforces your notion of
the artist and puts the release in context of their previous work, etc. but
this could also be seen as a bad thing. thoughts?

-jonah