ego vs credit

For me I've been on both ends, and for the most of the time in the middle. .
..
The ego end: Once I lent My G3 laptop to Richard Teitelbaulm (MEV (big back
in the day) moogs and such). He then played Patches I had written (not for
him) with William Parker (Sax). Now he played my patches dreadfully, but It
was still in a venue bigger than I had ever played. . . somewhat a big deal
(for my lill' G3 up there), but I was still a little (I'm ashamed about this
on some level) bitter, and a little angry.

For the most part I don't need you to know who I am or what I look like at
all, but when you by my CD (no matter what name appears on it) that's credit
enough. . . . (BTW on the next CD I think that I will credit the beer I
drank before the gig, and maybe the shoes). . .

The reason that I wand more credit now than I did before is that I work
really hard at this, and I'm not so great at other things. . . and I'm
starting to want something back for my time.. . and its not so much money,
but more the nice feeling of when after the show people come up to me and
sat that they really enjoyed it and they sat thanks.. . .  now unless you
play in disguise or run away after you play (or (I hope not) just no good)
you know how good a feeling that is. . ..

Well that one seemed more agreeable; I hope that's the end of all the
sarcastic hate mail I'm gona' get. . .
Well, Bye

-Vance

(Just for my own peace of mind. . . The Anonymous e-mail was so I could
shamelessly self promote myself, but I feel that the way I went about it was
a bit more shameful then bearable. YES that's right I am v.stevenson (the
one and only): starving electronic musician in search of venue. .. . . .. .
(well once again I've confused the point) )