Re: [microsound] imac, therefore i am [tech. ?], plus F. Bayle

On 21/11/00 23:58, Scott Handley said in living color:

> 2. Now listening to Francois Bayle's L'EXPERIENCE
> ACOUSTIQUE (1970-2).  I find this stuff pretty
> remarkable, if choppy and sometimes kind of episodic
> in way that I (beginner) identify with musique
> concrete.  How does this record compare to Bayle's
> other work, most notably the "continuation" (?) of the
> EXPERIENCE project in the Eighties, release by INA-GRM
> as the double-disc SON-VITESSE LUMIERE (?).  I was a
> little disappointed by LA MAIN VIDE, a newer piecefrom
> 1994-5, which somehow seemed more, er, slick, perhaps
> more academic; nonetheless, some beautiful lushness.

I can't compare "Son-Vitesse-Lumière" to "L'expérience acoustique" as I
don't have the latter yet...

But I think that "Son-Vitesse-Lumière" is a strong Bayle work. Definitely
better than, say, "Fabulae".

g.

--
Guillaume Grenier - gollum@xxxxxxxxxxxx

in space there is no north  in space there is no south
in space there is no east   in space there is no west