Comp Time (was: Re: Luc Ferrari)

>All I know is that listening to Ferrari, or Parmegiani or whoever makes me
>feel really really guilty. Cause they sat there for six months with tape and
>a knife putting together a single piece in a really composed and well
>thought out way... and now I can do all that with my pc in the course of a
>few hours and not even come close to the technical precision these guys do.

Of course good music takes as long as it takes, though I woulndn't mind
knowing what computer artists are releasing pieces that took months to
complete. Has the time a composition takes to create been supplanted by
the length of time the artist (or cohorts) took to develop their MAX
patch? Perhaps this is another detail for the academic colophon on
electronic releases. ;)

-eric
http://www.synthesizer.org