[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
my .02 on matrix.
(despite the packaging looking an awfully like my SPEC. cd (12k)) i
really like it... as i really like +/- (one of the most important cds
in my life/career) and 0 degrees... i think where matrix really
excels is the sonic/perceptual tricks it plays on your ears, with
disc #2.. i mean, as well as being cool ikeda-esque sine rhythms..
there is a whole element of really weird acoustic stuff going on..
there's a minute or so in there that sounds like a plane going
(closely) overhead OUTSIDE.. the sound doesn't even sound like it
comes from my speakers.. that kind of placement happens all over the
disc.. it's very effective...
that said, i definitely like disc 2 more than 1.. i mean, one sine
wave tone going through various amplitude modulations is
interesting.. but doesn't warrent repeated listenings as much as disc
2's rhythmic works.
i highly recommend this cd..
( taylor )
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
TAYLOR DEUPREE - OUT NOW / UPCOMING:
- "doClip" on "VARIIOUS" 2CD (intransitive/boston) - out now.
- TOKEI 12" ep (audio.NL/netherlands) - 2001
12k + LINE RELEASES:
- september: 12k1010 komet "rausch" CD
- september: LINE_001 richard chartier "series" CD
- december: 12k1011 shuttle358 "frame" e-CD
- december: LINE_002 immedia "1|2" CD
- march: 12k1012 v/a "between two points" compilation 2CD
- march: LINE_003 miki yui TBA CD
- march: LINE_004 bernhard günter "monochrome white" CD