Rooms

Re; D. Tayor comments ~matrix really
excels is the sonic/perceptual tricks it plays on your ears, with
disc #2. i definitely like disc 2 more than 1.. i mean, one sine
wave tone going through various amplitude modulations is
interesting.. but doesn't warrent repeated listenings as much as disc
2's rhythmic works.

i highly recommend this cd.

>>The Editors at RagConDesk couldn't agree more, Taylor. As such the (capsule) review,
while the discussion, while focused on the direction of Disc One, was meant for it's entirety.
We found the sonic/spatial 'tricks' incorporated throughout both CD-1 & 2 unlike anything we
have heard. In fact, on one of our four-speaker set-ups (w/o employing any artificial
{surround-sound etc...} playback mode) there are distinctly separate sounds emanating from
any given set of speakers - a first in our experience.
There are some amazing sonic effects on various Muslimgauze and :zoviet*france: (I.E. IN:version
& Mort Aux Vaches come to mind ) releases as well. On a direct sound (two speaker with triangulated listening set-up)
these recordings contain certain instrumental 'voices' that seem to come from the back of the room
Any ideas on how this (or any spatial effects) are derived ? Can these be attributed to artistic manipulation
or simply a random abnormality?
We give "Matrix (for rooms) a *high recommendation* as well.

BTW - Thanks to;
Arthur @ Dutch East India Trading / LSR Records, Inc.

(718) 834-8531 arthur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.dutch-east.com

thanks ~
team.ragcondesk

PS While we enjoy the works from such artists as LaMonte Young, Lucier and other similar artists,

we anticipated comments directed towards the similarities in playback effects, pulling several recordings

for a shoot-out. The listeners present all agreed that while there were certain aspects exhibited by all,

none were to the degree of the Ikeda. No hand-holding was permitted.

~::::the.raging.consciousness.desk::::~