Re: [microsound] What is Microsound?

> >what is essential microsound reading? gimme a book list.
>
> John Cage "Silence":  rather than trying to cram music into theoretical
> boxes as texts about music all too often do, Cage's simple and beautiful
> prose allows one to experience how all sound can be absorbed as music; to
> me, without the pretheoretical and egalitarian love of sound itself so
> eloquently inscribed in both words and music by Cage, most of the music
> discussed here would likely have taken a very different form.
>
> Although I am tempted to answer instead:  none.  The best understanding of
> music is one's own, derived from the personalized experiences of listening
> and, perhaps, of creating.
>
> In the case of Cage, perhaps these two anwers are the same.

Deleuze's "Thousand Plateaux's" is commonly (over)(mis)quoted... but i guess
to me at least, it seems fairly abstract and could be applied to sound-art
loosely.

also people have mentioned Atalli's "Noise: The Political Economy of Music"
(or whatever the title is)... is this worth reading?

hey and any zen buddhist text approaching japanese aesthetics could be a
good start too?