Re: [microsound] microsound future

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 14:45:13 -0500 taylor deupree <taylor@xxxxxxx>
writes:

> "under the pressure of popular approval, the modern furniture
> movement faced its most difficult challenge: maturing gracefully.
> whereas before the enemy was the unbeliever, now it is the
> suuperficial devotee - designer, manufacturer, or consumer - who, by
>
> unquestioning acceptance of a few shibboleths, makes possible a
> great
> wave of mediocrity in the name of design."
>
> is this something, we as artists, need to think about now? or have
> we
> passed that point...? or not come to it yet..?

I don't know. I just try to release works on disc that I would want to
buy myself. What I'm willing to buy is a bit different than what I'm
willing to listen to. Mediocrity always exists; it serves it's purposes
like anything else. Everything influences our own sound work, even poor
or mediocre works. Even if it's there only to show us what direction we
don't want to take at a given time. Any progressive artist will naturally
move onward from where they once were and other's will naturally try to
Dale Lloyd http://overheard.homestead.com/lloyd.html
DASL - Zen Tread http://overheard.homestead.com/zenT.html

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.