Re: [microsound] metta + q

Jake Hardy wrote:

> Spirituality is a hard concept to define.  I feel a strong connection to
> the music I write and listen to.  Is that a spiritual connection?

I think anything can be 'used' for a spiritual connection.

> know that when I'm involved in improvised music that I make a sound when
> it feels right to make that sound.  Interacting with the sound on that
> intuitive level I consider to be somewhat spiritual.  To interact with
> sound out of plain instict has more to it that just being a well-trained
> musicain or having a good ear.

This is being "in the moment".  You are not in the past, not in the future,
you are truely present within your environment and yourself.  This is
a form a meditation.  Anything can be your meditation.

During our everyday life how often are we 'not really there' in the
moment......worrying about what happened in the past and what
is coming in the future.  As we continue to try to live in the past
and the future.....all of the magic (and sorrow) passes us by
because we weren't "in the moment" to experience them.

Take 5 mins (or 4:33) and really take in your environment,
really be there, interact with it, watch it, listen to it, observe it
Thank you Mr.Cage

Kerry

--
Kerry Uchida