Re: [microsound] is the problem distributors... or record stores?

> if you're a label, in order for your product to get distributed through
> these channels, you do require a certain amount of "hype" ~ but this can
> be achieved through a number of means.  obviously, having "big name"
> artists (& they don't have to be very big) is always a good incentive.

well yes they need to be sure that what they carry could be sold, but I think
that besides that amount of hype or big names, they want to make sure that they
start working with a real label, one they can establish a nice, long and
fruitful collaboration with. I'm sure that throughout your years of activism you
all met many people who started their label issued some records worked them
badly and quitted after they had achieved to get recognition from their circle
of friends... We could provide tons of examples of labels done for the wrong
reasons and I guess that distros have to be careful with their choices, haven't
they ?

> the outcome?  cheap thrills is by far the most complete record store in
> montréal:

you bet so far they are the only ones in Canada who bought some BiP_HOp
Generation v.1... Yes definitely a great store. haave a nice day / philippe

http://www.bip-hop.com
unconventional sound adventures, adventurous & creative electronica...

B. P   64
13192 Marseille Cedex 20
France

P / F : 33 (0) 4 91 64 89