Re: [microsound] RE: microsound Digest 28 Dec 2000 14:43:21 -0000 Issue 221

> thank you!
>
> well, i do cdrs on my label here in puerto rico. usually in runs of 50 to 100, some of which have sold out in less than a week. but then again i consider my label a 'stepping stone' for mostly unknown arists.
>
> i have found some distributors for my stuff too. troniks (usa), fusion audio (usa), wan records (nl), audio intruder (sp), tenet (pr), etc. i guess it's not that big of a deal for some distro people to sell cdrs.
>
> anyway, just thought i'd drop in my two cents...
>
> happy new year everybody!
> - jorge castro

thank you jorge
i visited your site and what you do seems interesting. Good luck and if you need help...

about your last sentence, it depends on what you call a distributor. A distributor placing records in chain, indie, stores wouldn't be too fond of CDRs but of course mailorder lists - usually ran by passionate
people and paying less attention to earning money because they have less costs - could carry them.

There is indeed quite a difference between a distributor and a mailorder list, which sometimes extend to offering records to some stores... Like, for instance, Amanita or Metamkine in France but they are not
distributors.

happy new year / philippe

http://www.bip-hop.com
unconventional sound adventures, adventurous & creative electronica...

B. P   64
13192 Marseille Cedex 20
France
P / F : 33 (0) 4 91 64 89 15                                                                                     /
E : philippe-petit@xxxxxxxxxx                                                                                 /
                                                                                                                          /
/

--Boundary_(ID_BKgs/QuIunPxua7WdCDGKA)