Re: [microsound] microsound future correction

> mp3 at least takes an artists permission and pays royalties based on # of hits
> per track. this service gives the kind of wide spread advertising you're talking
> about while also keeping track of hits and how much money should be given.
> napster is a way for napster to make money off ads and rip artists off in the
> process.

mp3.com and affiliates in various countries is a good way to promote your records
personnally, if I sell MP3 from my records on their sites, i sell them at a higher
price since I do not like to encourage people to buy mp3 as i consider that if a
musician composes an album the whole of it has to go together... along with the
original packaging and not the crappy ones sold by mp3.com
that's my 2 cents / philippe

http://www.bip-hop.com
unconventional sound adventures, adventurous & creative electronica...

BiP-HOp Generation v.1

SCHNEIDER TM (Germany)
PHONEM (UK)
GOEM (the Netherlands)