Re: [microsound] nord micromodular

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Nevile" <bbn@xxxxxxxxx>

> > Yeah, the no-MIDI-out limitation is unfortunate.  I tried a little
> > experiment that almost got me around this -- well, for cc's anyway.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you're saying the modular
can't
> output midi CCs from its knobs.  That's actually not true.

No, that's not what I was trying to do.  The problem isn't one of assigning
the knobs to control something else via MIDI cc's -- I have a Micro so using
the knobs this way would be silly because knob availability is at a
premium -- but of using the Nord Mod's internal control signals.  By control
signals, I mean signals generated by Nord Mod modules like, say, LFOs or env
modules or some such to produce a complex, time-varying control signal to
control external gear, either by CV'ing it up to the modular's analog
outputs or having the Mod output MIDI CV's.  Using the Nord Mod's sequencer
modules to generate MIDI note events through the MIDI out port would fall in
the same category, and is the scenario the original message was describing.
Doing this would require a "control-voltage-to-hardware-MIDI-out" module,
which I don't think exists.  I don't think.  I haven't looked, actually -- I
was just screwing around so I didn't put that much effort into it.  From the
previous sender's comments I'd assume such a module doesn't exist currently.