Toshiba was [power of pc (was max/msp for pc)]

My employer just had me purchase a new laptop for myself.  Because of special
considerations (Canadian Government standing offer with Toshiba), I was also
coerced into purchasing Toshiba.  The model I acquired is the Satellite Pro
4340, which consists of a P-III 650, 64 MB RAM, 12 GB HDD, DVD ROM, 14.1"
active matrix display... and that's about all I can think of.  It has a USB
port which may help with MIDI control...  I believe our price for this machine
was ~$2900 CD.

It's a fairly nice box, and I've worked with Toshibas in a workplace capacity
for a while now.  Reliable etc...

Not much production experience on my end, so I can't help you out there.

Hope this limited information helps out a bit.

ps