Re: [microsound] techniques ]]nd] |-| Re:eR [microsound] autechre/richard devine//techniques ]]

> > I dont think theres any need to be worried about wether you are
> innovative
> > or wether anyone is accusing you of not being innovative.
>
> I thought that someone who claims to be exprimental would be into
> innovating...
> Sorry, It's my misconception, perhaps.

I've been thinking about this and I suppose for some people innovation maybe
be big part of what they're trying to acheive.  For myself, I think of
making recordings like a carpenter might take to making chairs.  He has his
set of chisels and hammers and screwdrivers and once in a while he might
need to forge a weird little tool to do a job that doesn't need to be done
too often.  But for the most part, he tinkers away with his tools becoming
more and more talented with them. He doesn't need to keep re-inventing the
wheel, creating a new set of chisels for every chair he wants to build.  If
he spent all his time developing tools he might have a good business selling
them to other craftsmen and in fact his level of proficiency in building
chairs would preclude his ability to create new useful tools however I think
someone can work with a set of tools they're comfortable with and just keep
getting better and better at what they do, they don't necessarily need to
keep adding new elements to their workbench or aquiring new skills.  Maybe
pick up a thing or two now and again to retain interest, but chasing after
the latest fad in the name of 'innovation' could be a pitfall.