Re: [microsound]: What is microsound ? [was: autechre/richard devine//techniques]

Greg wrote:

> I have to question the concept that microsound has to be "quiet" or sparse music.

Well _I_ didn't say microsound has to be "quiet", but I definitely think sparseness
(is that a word ?) is a defining quality of microsound. By sparse I mean that
microsound pieces tend to be made up of only a few elements. They're not heavily
layered. I think a lot of microsound is sparse in the way Webern's music was sparse.
Succinct. Uncluttered.

It's subjective I guess.

Andrei