From: Scott Handley [mailto:thesubtlebody@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 1:01 PM
To: microsound
Subject: RE: [microsound]: What is microsound ?

Chris Bissonnette:
> microsound seems to be
> derived from post digital themes i.e.. skipping cds,
> glitching and other
> digital audio refuse. Hence, revealing the source of
> inspiration.

This makes sense, but it doesn't seem necessary to
something being "micro".  Why must the microsound work
_reveal_ anything about its origins, or "inspiration"?
 Sometimes the concealment and sweeping away of one's
tracks makes for exciting and thought-provoking
listening.

Christopher Bissonnette
Senior Graphic Designer
McGill Multimedia