Re: [microsound] Sort of dead?

On 18/01/01 11:40, Scott Handley said in living color:

> I'm really interested in getting into the empreintes
> DIGITALes catalog, but it would help to have some
> opinions on the essential releases.

As I've said in an earlier post, I'd probably place Francis Dhomont at the
top of the empreintes DIGITALes catalog.

Get:

- "Sous le regard d'un soleil noir" (Cycle des profondeurs, 1)

That one is *extremely* dark (especially if you understand French... [i.e.,
there's quite a bit of spoken material]); the subject matter of this work is
schizophrenia.

- "Les dérives du signe" (Mouvances, Métaphores, 2)

Unlike "... soleil noir", this is a collection of several pieces. Also
unlike "... soleil noir", the music is not programmatic. However, it does
retain a narrative quality that seems to always be present in Dhomont's
music.

The other two volumes ("Cycle de l'errance" and "Forêt Profonde") are great
too. I just extracted those because they are more engraved in my mind right
now.

g.

--
Guillaume Grenier - gollum@xxxxxxxxxxxx

in space there is no north  in space there is no south
in space there is no east   in space there is no west