motion

<personal cross-posted message - please please excuse>

apologies for going off-topic, but for those of you who know the
'motion' website i've been running, designing and writing for over
the last few years, i have to announce that i'm leaving it. i'm
leaving the company that i worked for, who effectively own the site -
they will be continuing with motion. but simon hopkins and i, who
started the site, have both moved on to pastures new. i'll be
continuing with another online new music venture real soon - i can
assure you i'll keep you posted!

it's with a heavy heart that i draw a personal line under motion,
though. i'm proud of what we were able to achieve, but simon and i
weren't able or allowed (for various reasons) to take it in the
directions we wanted to - a situation which eventually became
untenable. but i want to thank everyone who's ever visited the site,
everyone who mailed me to say they enjoyed it and found it useful,
and all labels/artists who sent me the best new music i've ever
heard. we learnt a lot. and i hope we helped in some small way. as
tom waits says on 'nighthawks at the diner', it's been a preasure and
plivilege.

thanks! and watch this space. i'll be un-subbing and re-subbing under
a different nom-de-plume. and apologies to all those who have never
seen motion and don't know what the hell i'm going on about.

</personal message - please excuse>

thanks dan.

-- |||| dan hill [state51] |||| new reviews on motion |||| john cage | HIM | mark springer | microstoria | jonathan coleclough | techno animal vs dalek | koch-schütz-studer plus dj m. singe & dj i-sound |||| http://motion.state51.co.uk/