Re: [microsound] today on CBC Outfront...

yeah tell me about it they are totally clueless on this subject,
I had done 4 different works for them all of which after they commissioned
be decided that it was not enough of a documentary for them, what a waste
of funds on thier part and what a waste of time on my part.
then they turn around and buy an older work of mine from me that has no
documentary value what so ever but was "cutsie" in its approach of style.
how annoying!!! I would say that because of thier who approach on the
subject that have turned me off of doing works for radio any more that was
about 2 years ago. whic is to bad as I always liked to do works for radio
as much as I like making my dark ambient and minimal/glitch tech stuff...
Neil...
aka naw

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Tobias wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Canada's CBC Outfront is finally airing
> an audioart piece I did for them
> last May based on my travels
> in SF. It airs at 11:45am (in all North
> American timezones except Newfoundland)
> on Radio One, OR you can get it anytime on
> their website at:
>
> http://www.cbc.ca/outfront
> "The Bowels of San Francisco"
>
> If you liked it, tell them at:
> outfront@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> They are a bit hazy on the whole
> "audioart"/soundart etc. thing
> (they have called it a "soundpost"),
> so email in support so more
> experimental material can get
> on air.
>
> The uncut version, btw, will be
> up soon at http://www.shrumtribe.com
> along with other field-recording manipulation
> tracks I did for a multimedia project on
> SF soon to be up at http://www.120seconds.com
> called "San Francisco Digestion"
>
> cheers,
>
> tobias