Re: [microsound] mikael =?unknown?q?stav=F6strand?=

At Tuesday, 30 January 2001, you wrote:

>On a whim and a recommendation from Amoeba, I
>picked up a CD called "Lite" by Mikael Stavöstrand.
>It's really very nice - somewhere between
>Bretschneider/Komet and Vladislav Delay's most
>minimal stuff, perhaps...  A very grainy soundwash
>in the background, overlaid by a lattice of ticks and
>pops that settle uncomfortably into a restless groove.
>Does anyone know more about him?  The Amoeba note said
>it was a departure from his earlier work.

Yes Mikael's Lite cd was one of my favorite
releases of 2k! Supposedly he previously
worked with the Cold Meat Industry collective
on more industrial sounds but I've heard we
can expect more from Mikael soon in the form
of albums for 12k and Mille Plateaux as well
as a split 12" with Mokira due out soon.

-->-Lance----
PO Box 450715
Westlake, OH 44145
United States