Re: [microsound] macs and pc unfortuanetly

> BTW: most things in a mac are from other vendor as well,... usually about
> everything except the motherboard.

I kinda feel like somebody trumpeting the virtues of Al Gore just because
Dubya is worse.  I hate just about all computer hardware manufacturers, I
just hate Apple a little bit more.  Then again I was a hardcore apple //
user who will never get over the abandoning of my platform!  Anyway here's
proof that computer makers engage in planned obsolecence: I recently
upgraded my Socket 7 motherboard with a Super Socket 7 chip (AMD K6-2).
This is supposed to be impossible, my motherboard is supposed to only accept
a first generation Pentium chip up to 266mhz.  But the motherboard
manufacturer provided jumpers to increase the bus frequency on this board to
appeal to chip overclockers (they were later strongarmed by the industry
into not building such versatile motherboards).  So basically, if you wanted
to upgrade to a Super Socket 7 chip, you had to buy a new motherboard or
find an old one like mine (Asus TX97 or Abit BH-9).   Yet even Asus will not
acknowledge the upgrade to the TX97 board on their tawain site, you have to
go to their german site where a special beta bios is also available to be
downloaded and flashed in order to do this upgrade.

Anyway here I am running a stable 500mhz system, essentially tripling my
computer's speed for only $50!  I couldnt even buy the chip from the store
that sold me the computer 4 years ago!  The guy insisted it would not work,
so I had to buy the chip someplace else and not tell them what I was
planning.

So yeah I hate scams and conspiracies, which are ubiquitous!