online mp3 hosting / mp3.com

> my take on the issue is that people would upload
silent mp3 files
>>just
>> to clutter the server (go figure, some people _are_
>>stupid)

>stupid?? I invented this way of bringing mp3.com to
>its knees!  Never
>bothered executing it though.  You don't need
>silence, just make 20
>minute
>long tracks of one frequency sustained for the
>duration.  Then increment the
>frequency by 1, and do it again!  This would be a
>great way to crash
>mp3.crap if a bunch of people got into it!

honestly, do you think 12 kids uploading 20 minute
sine wave .mp3's is going to even register a blip on
mp3.com, errr, screen. they get somewhere around
20,000 new tracks a day. and i really don't see what
the point would be anyways... to rebel against the
fact that there is bad music hosted on the site??? why
don't you just burn down your local tower records or
virgin megastore??? so yeah i'm with the original
post, it's pretty stupid, if not just a tremendous
waste of time.

jason