Re: [microsound] A plea for signal

i don't come out of my hole often, or say much at all for that matter, but really do feel obligated to say something here.

i have been a list member for about two years now, and cyclically over that time, gear chat has come and gone. sometime it's 3 posts sometime it's 50 posts, and i think it's inevitable. i don't think there is a need to ask people to stop posting about it. some of the people on this list that have posted regarding these 'gear' subjects, also happen to be the same persons that have pioneered not only using the term microsound (i believe taylor deupree coined it), but the actual genre itself. i am quite shocked that this list is being policed like this, and personally find it offensive when less then a month ago there were some really, and i mean REALLY off topic posts made by persons unmentioned, and there was less of an out cry from list members then than there is now.

the person who sent me off on this tyraid just retracted their statements and apologized to the list for posting what they did.

i'll go back into my hole now and cool off.

rj

OUT NOW: excerpts - .tiln http://www.tiln.net

live performance:devolution && intimation performed live
http://www.iorec.com/live/index.html

OUT SOON:
devolution&&intimation.(iteration[3])- io records irc.001 [late february]
http://io-records.com/content/devolution.shtml

UPCOMING PERFORMANCES:
record release party for d&&i(iteration[3)] at
gravitation march.13.2001
http://www.laslo.net/gravitation/index.html