Re: [microsound] granular synthesis

As far as treating a digital image: I'm thinking it would be
difficult to apply this technique to something static, granular
synthesis is very much based in the time domain.  I'm often wrong
though. :)

a realtime filter would be a pain, but otherwise it wouldn't be so difficult to write... but something new isn't really required, I do this kind of video synthesis from time to time and all you need is After Effects, Photoshop and something that can rename hundreds or thousands of files (like Recalcitrance).