re: [microsound] Disc Rot

> the highlights of my comp, the original cd track, at my disappointment
> seemingly completely changed, at different speed/pitch, colored by the
> memory of the preceding track on the tape and the anticipation of the
> following track, which actually never comes.
>
> just some personal feelings.

i love personal feelings* i had this record-player-in-a-suitcase from the
50s and some old shellack 10"es. sounding like a old fat musicbox. my
favourite was "two sleepy people" by fats waller, must have played it some
hundred times.
and i was surprised when i heard it on cd the first time, it wasnt as sad
as i knew it at all.
ok, i'm really off now, just got up.
goodday/night
 - stephan