OT Re: [microsound] Re: Eric Nordgren

At 08:50 AM 3/7/01 -0800, Dale Lloyd wrote:
I heard a classical release by Nordgren, a while ago but it didn't hold
my interest. Since I've not been keeping up with film over the last few
years, I've not heard of Sokurov until now. I will have to check his
films out. Thanks for mentioning him. Are there any other directors that
I should check out that are to be considered within the caliber of
Tarkovsky, Bergman, Bae, etc?

That I suppose depends upon the person doing the considering. But I would include Hirokazu Kore-Eda, Victor Erice, Kiyoshi Kurosawa, Theo Angelopoulos, Hou Hsiao-Hsien, Abbas Kiarostami, Paul Cox, Hiroshi Teshigahara, and Tsai Ming-Liang as being "up there."

np - Fluxion "Vibrant Forms II"

Joshua Maremont / Thermal - mailto:thermal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Boxman Studies Label - http://www.boxmanstudies.com/